Sunday, September 26, 2010

School sucks

Lately, it feels like all I do is homework and work. Well...really, that is all I really do. However, this year I am making an extreme effort to take time for me and the people I love.

Last year I worked two jobs (Monday-Sunday) and was full time at school (15 credit hours each semester. Wtf what I thinking when I signed up for THAT?!). This amounted in me being too tired to do much of anything. I slept. A lot. And I also missed out on a lot of "college experiences" that I regret. Not so this year. I am, again, working two jobs and going to school full time (although this year I'm doing only 12 credits a semester because I feel living to see the age of 30 outside of an insane asylum is important), but this year, it's on my terms. I'm working at the desk 3 afternoons a week and at Texas Roadhouse 3 afternoons a week. However, I usually only serve 2 nights a week and I have weekends off. Why, do you ask? Because I'd like to have a little fun every now and then. And it's been great. I get really stressed out with school during the week (and sunday nights, but whatever) and get to do whatever the hell I want on the weekend nights.

In doing so, I've experienced my first tailgate:




I hate football, but I sure love friends and *ahem* other fun stuff :)

It should be a good year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment